Monday, September 23, 2013

365 Comics...262: T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents #2 (2013)

If I were to give my 11-year-old any comic book title I'm currently reading, this would be the one.  It's clean, sure, but it's everything I remember comic being like when I was a kid, which is not to say that comics I read as a kid were perfect (going back and reading them, it's quite clear most were anything but), but it's to say that Phil Hester captures the feel of classic, pre-grim'n'gritty superhero book perfectly.

I profess to be a THUNDER Agents fan, but truth of the matter is I've only read the DC series that preceded this one, one reprint issue (365 Comics #35), and that oddball one-off I found recently (365 Comics #87).  I have a few original issues sitting in boxes, most of the 80's comics, and a couple of DC's reprint Archives, all waiting to be read.

But the fact of the matter is, I am a fan, a growing fan
.  I'm attracted to the characters, the aesthetic, and the mythology (both in the series and about the property itself).  My only hope is all the classic THUNDER Agents doesn't disappoint.

No comments: