Thursday, January 24, 2013

365 Comics...24: Wonder Woman #16 (2013)

Okay, So cooler heads prevailed and Diana and Orion didn't wind up throwing down (again) as l had anticipated, but that's okay because Azzarello has started tightening up the weave on this story.  The first year of this book is starting to fold itself back into this second one.  Month after month I am continually amazed by how much I am enjoying a Wonder Woman book.  The last (and only) time I enjoyed it this much prior was Greg Rucka's great run almost a decade ago now... and I think I like this so much more.  Diana's so stripped-down, raw, primal and yet Azzarello is giving her more flavour in small doses.  I kind of dread reading anyone else writing her in the New 52... but then I look at the other books this week and I know that's not true... 

No comments: