- A transcript of my live tweeting of Superman #401. In reverse order, because that seems to be how copy-paste works from twitter.Pg 25-26: Letter column! Nerds!
- Pg 24,''You owe me nothing, cousin,besides, some time or other, I'll be the one asking you for help." In other words, you owe me.
- pg 23. A firm handshake between cousins and a detailed explanation for everything that just happened ... in case you're slow...
- pg22. Turns out Trogdor was just Supergirl in a rubber suit.which she tears out of and lets fall to the ground, smothering & crushing dozens
- Pg21. "Next he'll make it sound like I'm giving a testimonial to Superman! I'll be the laughingstock of the underworld." The best laid plans
- Pg20.It looks like Lex Luthor is defending Metropolis from this alien menace. Wah Wah, Lex.
- pg 18."Holy crow! He's starting to do a number on the building!" ''Thank the stars that was the unoccupied generator floor he demolished"
- Pg 17... two days later... "Good grief! It's some way-out warrior from another world.'' Trogar, a 60ft flying Viking, to be exact.
- Pg.16... a secret heat ray message in Kryptonese burned into Jimmy's wall. There goes the security deposit. Wah Wah.
- Pg14 pt.2"I've never felt so manipulated... so helpless."Really Supes? Never? Never ever? So diabolical, Lex hurting your feelings like that
- Pg 14. Ah,in the armor he looks & sounds like Lex.Jimmy is giving him shit.''How diabolical, being forced to face the hatred of my friends."
- Pg 13.Lex has him trapped in his warsuit but has no control over him... but he is taunting him with bad puns. That'll show him, Lex.
- pg 11... can't crash or burn it off... he's stuck. Lex looks like Telly Savalis as Blofeld in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"...
- Pg. 10.. Somehow between fighting the twins on Pg8 and Pg 10 Superman has wound up inside Luthor's warsuit. Supes is perplexed.
- Pg.7..A nice Clark-into-Superman panel here from Curt Swan. How low on the henchmen totem must you be if a warsuit is calling you "imbecile"
- Pg-6.. Luther's having conversations with his warsuit. I was going to say its totally crazy but its just like Iron Man.. only totally crazy
- Pg.5, the twins have hijacked the station to issue Luthors ultimatum to Superman.Meanwhile, Luthor macks it with a bombshell in a hoverchair
- Pg. 3 Oh no, Yoda-talking rocket powered siamese twins are totally interrupting the broadcast. "Obeyed us peacefully, you should have."
- Pg. 2. Lana & Clark's newscast is ridiculously hyperbolic: "And what diabolic scheme of malevolence and mayhem will usher his dread return?"
- Page 1. in a prev issue a 60-story-foot-tall (or "Kong-sized") Lex Luthor hologram attacked the Daily Planet. Giant light, so scary!
Sunday, January 20, 2013
365 Comics... 20: Superman # 401(1984)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment