Tuesday, December 24, 2013

365 Comics...355: Animal Man #26 (2013)

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my comics gave to me...

11 things of awesome in Animal Man #26:

1) Buddy Baker teleported to an alien world (shades of Swamp Thing's interstellar journey perhaps?)

2) Great story title: "godseed"

3) art by Cully Hamner?  Hells yes!

4)  the giant monster thing that looks like a Kirby - inspired cross between Darkseid and Hellboy

5) Buddy channelling weird alien space animals unintentionally

6) Making friends with a space Swamp Thing (who unfortunately gets torched shortly thereafter)

7) Super brutal rock toss

8)The Seed Planet... I like

9) A survival competition to take over a crappy job, quite the no-win situation

10) I like what this deal *could* mean, and hopefully Lemire has plans to see it through at the most inopportune time

11) taking communion of the godseed...oh neato...looking forward to how that manifests itself.

I like what Lemire's done these past half dozen issues to redefine the series after Rotworld... I was going to drop it but I'm glad I stuck it out.

No comments: