Thursday, December 19, 2013

365 Comics...346: Itty Bitty Hellboy #5 (2013)

On the second day of Christmas, my comics gave to me...

Two naked Rogers, standing in the bushes.

You know, I wasn't really sure about how Itty Bitty Hellboy would play with my four year old, but she's actually quite fond of it.  She's not as into it as, say, Ninja Turtles or T.U.F.F. Puppy even, but she does get very excited when each new issue arrives.  A couple weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon we were chilling out in front of the tube, just flipping around, and came across del Toro's Hellboy, and I let her watch a few minutes which made her eyes pop.  She didn't understand any of it except there was Liz and Hellboy and they were all grown up and kissin' and stuff.

Dark Horse now has plush Itty Bitty Hellboy and Abe but we've got a moratorium on stuffies (as we call them around here) since there are so many and they're all over the place and we don't have a dog to help weed them out a little.

Anyway... as much as Roger (and then the Rogers) is my favourite Itty Bitty Hellboy character, I'm not certain his penchant for standing nude in bushes and encouraging others to do so is really something we should be teaching our kids is a good idea.  Sure it's fine and cute when they're Itty Bitty homunculuses, but kinda creepy when they not so small.

No comments: