Monday, April 22, 2013

365 Comics...112: The Punisher Vol. 1 (2012)

I wrote of how I felt about Frank Castle after reading Space Punisher #1 (365 Comics # 104) but I do like Greg Rucka's writing a great deal so his recent Punisher work stayed on my radar. Rucka is a great writer of spies and procedurals so it's no surprise that the police play a big role in his story.  Rucka is equally a great writer of strong female characters so it's also no surprise that there are a few of those here as well, including an ex-military whose new husband and entire family are killed in gang crossfire at their wedding reception.  It's evident Rucka's grooming a female Punisher (as a replacement or a protege I cannot discern) and I want in.  I'm aware it'll be short lived but I like it already.

No comments: