Tuesday, June 11, 2013

365 Comics...161: East of West #3 (2013)

Well it only took 3 issues but I think I've finally gotten a handle on what this book is about... maybe... correct me if I am wrong:

It's some alternate time where the United States is no longer united, and technology has advanced but society has regressed to old west-type with a mix of retro-feudalism (that's probably just bullshit big words on my part).  A group of elite masters-of-society types are trying to bring about the apocalypse.  They have called forth the Horsemen but Death refuses to join them, so there's tension there.  Turns out they have Death's wife and now he's coming for her... and stuff.

To be honest I don't think the book is all that complex, but it's just complicated enough for someone like me who is already juggling about 40-50 different stories in his head every month.  This'll be one of those books I amass and then binge on.

No comments: