Friday, September 18, 2009

Dream Cross-overs

As I was reading the latest issue of the rather great JSA vs. Kobra mini-series last night, I got to thinking thinking that there needs to be a massive inter-company cross-over called Kobra vs. Hydra vs. Cobra where all these terrorist organizations fight one another with Checkmate, S.H.I.E.L.D. and G.I. Joe teaming up to take them out. Shenanigans ensue.

I figure Greg Rucka, Ed Brubaker and Chris Gage should write the thing. This given Rucka's awesom runs on espionage titles like Queen and Country and Checkmate, Brubaker's stellar work on Captain America, and Gage's recent G.I. Joe/Cobra mini.

On art, well, did you catch the latest issue of Captain America Reborn? I can't say I have a fondness for splash pages, but hot-damn if Bryan Hitch and Butch Guice didn't make my jaw slack in awe of the many they included there. They're chanelling Kirby and Sterenko which is exactly what a KvHvC comic would dearly need.

Oh, to dream.

No comments: