Sunday, May 12, 2013

365 Comics...132: The Indestructible Hulk #1 (2012)

What I like about this first issue of the new "Marvel Now" Hulk series is not Mark Waid's take on Banner/Hulk (though he does have some good ideas in that department - - "I'm not a mopey teenager... I'm one of the smartest guys on the planet"), but rather Waid's obvious interest in SHIELD Agents Hill and Coulson.  They've been seen around the Marvel Universe for a while now but since The Avengers movie hit (smashed, more like) they've been featured more and more prominently.  I don't think they'll ever be holding their own title but they would indeed make for great supporting players in any number of Marvel U titles.  A Hulk book seems as good a place as any.

Given that the last Hulk book I read (King-Size Hulk : 365 Comics #106) from 5 years prior seemed to be focussed more on building a "Hulk family" (or a spectrum of Hulks ... hey it worked for Green Lantern) it's good to see a book focussed on Bruce Banner that seems to have an interesting take on his relationship with his burlier half. I've said before I'm not a super-keen Hulk fan... but I'd read more of this for sure.

No comments: