On the sixth day of Christmas, my comics gave to me...
six panels of cinematic sci-fi/fantasy wicked awesomeness...
This issue's b-story finds Death, Wolf and Crow meandering a series of stone staircases, tunnels and bridges with seemingly no end. Death plants a flower in the stone bridge that ends at a dead stop against a wall, which triggers a reaction. On page ten the brilliant Nick Dragotta shows us that this flower is a key.... in six widescreen panels.
1. The ground starts to shake, a thundercrack reverberates in the silo, a crack in the wall appears before them at the end of the bridge.
2. The crack continues to open further into a gaping maw.
3. Death approaches.
4. Entering the blackness of the maw, it begins to close behind him.
5. Barely a slit remains as he enters further.
6. Around death little but darkness though off in the distance a square of light in this prison illuminating it's cross-shackled prisoner.
I want East of West to be directed in an animated film by Hayao Miyazaki. I think Crow's design is so incredibly cool...