Thursday, June 27, 2013

365 Comics... 178: Five Ghosts: The Haunting of Fabian Gray (2013)

In the backmatter Barbiere writes "I once read an article where Dave Gibbons said that the typical person looks at a comic book page for about seven seconds...I certainly hope you've taken the time to appreciate the amazing work done by Chris & Lauren".

Oh I have Frank.  I'm enjoying the story greatly but I'm buying it for the art.  Like The Black Beetle it's great entertainment but the art is something really worth getting excited over.  The previous 3 months I've been agog over Mooneyham's inks but this month colorist Lauren Affe really steals the show, especially in the opening test sequence where she takes the general pallette of the book and pastelizes them to a subtle and beautiful effect.

Even four issues in, I'm still surprised by how great this book is.

No comments: