Tuesday, February 26, 2013

365 Comics...57: Axe Cop: President of the World #1 (2012)

I thought my affinity for Axe Cop had passed... I tried reading this fist issue of President of the World 3 times and still hadn't completed it.  The third trade paperback is still unfinished somewhere in the house, where its resided for months now (I'm not sure where I left it anymore).  Does it have to do with Malachai Nicolle getting older, more cynical as he nears closer to being a pre-teen?  Is the bizarre anri-continuity that I once loved now driving me away?  Was Axe Cop jus a kind of meme or fad that finally played itself out?  Or, perhaps I just needed a little break, and to finally play Munchkin Axe Cop and rekindle my affection for the series.  Time to take another stab (or is it "hack"?) at President of the World.

1 comment:

Adj said...

I think that trade is on one of the bookshelves with my Arthurian books in the living room...